Reflux Infants Support Association Inc
Does your baby, toddler or older child suffer from
Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease?
Are you receiving the support and information you need?
Caring for a baby, toddler or older child who suffers from gastro-oesophageal reflux can be extremely stressful. Reflux Infants Support Association Inc (RISA) is here to help.
RISA Inc is a non profit community group that offers support to families of infants and children who suffer from gastro-oesophageal reflux and its complications. It is run by reflux families for the benefit of reflux families, and has done so since 1982. We help families of children of all ages including:
- Older babies
- Pre-school aged children
- Primary and secondary school aged children
The Reflux Infants Support Association Inc is an incorporated charitable organisation with authority to fundraise in the state of New South Wales, Australia.
What RISA Offers
RISA Inc offers a wide and varied range of services to support families who have babies or children who suffer from gastro-oesophageal reflux.
- Online RISA parent groups (24/7 availability) where financial members can post questions, express their frustrations, and get day to day online support from other families who understand what they are going through.
- Contact with families who have one or more children who suffer from gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Ongoing telephone and email support from parents who have experienced reflux with their own child. Contacts are unpaid volunteers who make calls from their own homes.
- A library service. RISA members are able to borrow from our collection of library books. Details will be provided as part of the membership package
- Regular management meetings that RISA members are welcome to attend
- Informal get-togethers amongst members as arranged
- Coffee mornings are organised upon request where possible. These are friendly get-togethers over morning tea, and are good opportunities to discuss your reflux issues with other “reflux parents”. A RISA contact is present to facilitate discussions. Children are very welcome, but supervision is not provided.
- Allied health professionals support RISA families by answering some questions about reflux related issues
The Reflux Infants Support Association Inc is a not-for-profit incorporated association registered under the NSW Associations Incorporation Act 2009 and governed by the NSW Associations Incorporation Regulation 2010.
NSW Reg #: INC9897441
(formerly registered in Qld reg#: IA11510)
RISA Inc is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) by the Australian Taxation Office from 01 Jul 2000. It is covered by Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
NSW Charitable Fundraising Number CFN/22864