Does your infant or child suffer from gastro-oesophageal reflux?
Are you receiving the support and information you need?
Caring for a baby or child who suffers from gastro-oesophageal reflux can be extremely stressful and you may find yourself on an emotional rollercoaster ride. You may not realise your experience and emotions can be perfectly normal for your situation but this is where the Reflux Infants Support Association (RISA) Inc can help.
RISA Inc is a non profit community group that offers support to families of infants and children who suffer from gastro-oesophageal reflux and its complications. It is run by reflux families for the benefit of reflux families, and has done so since 1982.
RISA offers support services such as:
- Telephone and email support
- Chat room open 24 hours
- Regular newsletters
- Member welcome package
- Online parent groups
- A library service
- Coffee mornings
- Informal get-togethers
What RISA Offers
RISA Inc offers a wide and varied range of services to support families who have babies or children who suffer from gastro-oesophageal reflux.
Some of these support services include:
- Contact with families who have one or more children who suffer from gastro-oesophageal reflux
- A “Special Edition eNewsletter” for those families whose child has been diagnosed with gastro-oesophageal reflux.
- A membership welcome package
- Ongoing telephone and email support from parents who have experienced reflux with their own child. Contacts are unpaid volunteers who make calls from their own homes.
- Online RISA parent groups where financial members can post questions, express their frustrations, and get day to day online support from other families who understand what they are going through.
- 24 hour chat room for our members to use
- “RISA eNEWS” newsletters are provided to members four times a year. They contain articles such as parent stories, medical updates and management hints.
- A library service. RISA members are able to borrow from our collection of library books. Details will be provided as part of the membership package
- Regular management meetings that RISA members are welcome to attend
- Informal get-togethers amongst members as arranged
- Coffee mornings are organised upon request where possible. These are friendly get-togethers over morning tea, and are good opportunities to discuss your reflux issues with other “reflux parents”. A RISA contact is present to facilitate discussions. Children are very welcome, but supervision is not provided.
- Allied health professionals support RISA families by answering some questions about reflux related issues
Please read our Disclaimer before using this site.
The Reflux Infants Support Association Inc is a not-for-profit incorporated association registered under the NSW Associations Incorporation Act 2009 and governed by the NSW Associations Incorporation Regulation 2010.
Our registered address is:
110 Liverpool St
Paddington NSW 2021
NSW Reg #: INC9897441
(formerly registered in Qld reg#: IA11510)
RISA Inc is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) by the Australian Taxation Office from 01 Jul 2000. It is covered by Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.